In order to provide you with our services, we may need to collect the following personal data from you:Information you give us
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, touchscreen forms, documents your provide to us or when you visit one of our branches.
The information may include, but is not limited to, your full name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us and is necessary for us to perform our services or any obligations to you.
By visiting our website we may automatically collect technical information including, but not limited to, you IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform. We also collect information about the pages you have viewed and length of time spent on these.
Living in London will use this information to:
Information we collect about you and/or we receive from other sources
- Contact you and provide our services to you;
- Carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into with you (this includes contracts entered directly with you if you are a landlord, such as Terms and Conditions, or if you are a tenant, on behalf of our landlords, such as Tenancy Agreements) and provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- Provide you with information about other services we offer, similar to those that you have already enquired about or contracted for;
- Inform you about changes to Living in London, the current property market and developments in the areas we operate in;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order, including to verify your identity;
- To provide customer support.
In addition to the above, we will use this information to:
- Administer our website and for internal operations, including statistical purposes;
- To improve our website and how it is presented to you;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising sent to you and others, and to deliver relevant property alerts or marketing information to you;
- To make suggestions to you on our website about goods or services that may interest you.
Our lawful bases for collection of the above information include:
Marketing and Property Alerts
- Necessary for the performance of a contractual or legal obligation: This would include collecting and using your identification and contact details in order to perform any contracts entered between us, such as Terms and Conditions or Tenancy Agreements.
- Legitimate Interests: We rely on this basis when the data we need, or hold for processing, is necessary for the carrying out of activities in the course of our business so that we can respond to your enquiries or requests. For example, if you have expressed interest via our touchscreen in a property we have placed for rent, we may use the data you have provided so as to contact you about this.
- Consent: This basis is used by us in order to send you marketing information and/or property alerts. We will only send these emails were we have had your clear, affirmative consent through our online and touchscreen forms or over the telephone when consent is given to one of our employees.
We would like to note that we do not sell your personal information to other companies or businesses for marketing purposes.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or what may be of interest to you. In that way we will decide which products or services may be relevant to you. Based on this, you will then receive marketing information and/or property alerts as applicable.
You can ask us not to send you any further marketing communications and/or property alerts at any point by either unsubscribing from our emails or emailing us as noted below.Disclosure of your information
Unless listed below and/or required by law, we will not disclose your information to any third party without obtaining prior consent.
In order to provide you with our services, we may disclose and/or share your information with:
- Third parties who use personal data in delivering their services to us or you and that are necessary for the performance of any contract that we have entered with you (or on behalf of our landlord) and/or for the performance of any services you have sought from us. These third parties include, but are not limited to, our credit referencing agency (Homelet), contractors and suppliers, ValPal and DocuSign;
- Analytics providers, and more specifically Growth Track, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our digital communications;
- Third parties in case Living in London is acquired by them, in which case your personal data will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations and in order to enforce any Terms of Business agreed between you and us or protect the rights or safety of Living in London, our customers or others.
. Your rights
All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers and we only keep information as long as necessary to provide you with our services and/or as long as we have your consent. Your information will be held by us for at least five years from the last contact we have had with you. Please note that when sending marketing emails, the point of last contact will be deemed the date you have opened our last emailed and/or clicked on the links within that email.
Please note that you have the following rights with regards to any personal data that we hold on you:
- Right of access of your data;
- Right to ask us to rectify any data we hold on you;
- Right to ask as to erase any personal data that we hold on you without undue delay;
- Right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data when certain circumstances apply.
In this context, please note that you have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes and/or to send you property alerts by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, by clicking unsubscribe to our marketing emails or by informing us by email that you do not wish your data to be used for such purposes. You can withdraw your consent for us using your data to send you marketing information or property alerts at any time.